Balloons Preschool is a newly opened preschool located in the wonderful surroundings of the De La Salle Pastoral Centre in Wicklow Town. It enjoys a prime location within walking distance to the majority of primary schools and other local amenities. There is also ample parking at the preschool ensuring stress free drop off and collection.
For further information contact Sharon or Jill / Phone: 086 3328 500
Balloons Preschool is dedicated to providing quality, accessible and affordable early education to pre-school children in the local community. It is a private service and is classified as a sessional service under the Child Care Act 1991 (Early Years Services) Regulations 2016. It is open for 38 weeks per year from September to June.
The philosophy of Balloons Preschool is to treat every child with respect. To value each child as an individual and to encourage them to reach their full potential at a pace that is set by them.
At Balloons Preschool we are committed to:
- Providing a wide and varied curriculum based on children’s interests
- Providing high quality childcare for all our children
- Helping nurture, challenge and promote independence in all the children
- Providing a safe, secure, stimulating, age appropriate environment both indoors and out where learning, growing and active exploration is encouraged
- Building strong relationships with parents, committing to working in partnership to create a foundation that nurtures self-esteem and confidence in each child.
Balloons Preschool will cater for children aged from 2½ to 5 years with a maximum of 22 children in attendance at any one time. The adult to child ratio is 1:11 as is in line with the Child Care Act 1991 (Early Years Services) Regulations 2016. The preschool operates on a daily basis between 9.30am and 12.30pm Monday to Friday.
Staff at Balloons Preschool are qualified with an NFQ Level 7 and QQI Level 6 in Early Childhood Education. All staff carry up to date First Aid and Child Protection Training.